Monday, July 6, 2015

Easy Yellow-beet and Chickpea Salad

I had an amazing trip to visit my Family in Willow this weekend. It twas a 4th of July filled with bocce ball and good food. While there my mom gave me this recipe and most of the ingredients so I could try it for myself. Of course I tweaked the preparation instructions just a bit to make it more energy efficient.



What you need: [serves 2]
2 yellow beats
1 cup garbanzo beans [Soaked a day and a half]
a few sprigs cilantro and green onion
1/4 cup feta
Olive oil [i was out of Olive oil so i used vegetable oil]
Salt and pepper
Tin foil
bake safe bowl

Wrap Yellow beets in foil. place soaked beans in bake safe bowl and pour water on top until they are fully immersed. Bake on 350` for 50 minutes.

Let everything cool. with washed hands, gently push rough skin from yellow beet flesh. Drain beans. [use this bowl to toss ingredients]

Toss beans and beets in 1-2 tbsp olive oil [or vegetable oil]
Salt and pepper to taste. Add chopped green onions, cilantro and feta to the bowl and toss.

Serve now or refrigerate for later.

So Yum. Much Wow.







No comments:

Post a Comment